Friday, April 18, 2008

Bitter-sweet

Yesterday I was informed of a death of man in my old ward in Medicine Hat that was killed in a car accident. He was only 34 and left behind his wife and 3 young boys. When I heard of this I was so sad. He was so young and his boys are so young. Not to mention his poor wife. I remember when we met them, it was when Dallas was only a year old. They invited us to their home for a get together themed as Gilligan's Island. I think I passed as Ginger! haha! Anyways, they were really nice people and we never got to really know them because we were only in that ward for a few months. Needless to say, it still hurt when I heard of his passing. It reminded me of how important it is that we take advantage of this life and our families. They are so precious. Life is so delicate, and we always forget or take advantage of it. We get caught up in the daily things that we forget to sit down and cherish the moments we have with our loved ones. That is the only true thing that matters, no car or house or job will ever make up for the lost time with our families. Money is irrelevant in this life. It does no good for you. Yes, you need it to pay bills and live, but that is all. It doesn't make me happy, it doesn't give me lasting memories with my family. My best memories are probably the most overlooked ones. Like bike riding together, watching my kids fall asleep in absurd positions, and funny sayings they have. I treasure every one of this tiny things because one day, they won't be here. They will grow up and move away and won't need me anymore. I especially want to cherish my family because like the above story, I don't want me, or my husband, or even one of my children to pass away suddenly, or even timely, and wish we had spent more time together. I want to make our family the most important thing in my life. Rich or poor, sick or well. I thankful everyday for our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness. Because of the promise of eternal families, the man in the story above will be with his family once again. He is not lost or forgotten, he is forever bonded to his beautiful family. Just as he will be with them again, so will we. Grab onto every moment you have and hold tight.

3 comments:

The Wimpy Mother said...

I totally understand. If you lost your husband you might run out of onions someday!!! :D :D :D

Watson Family said...

HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

that is so sad :( I am glad i read this-we all need a reminder like this sometimes!