Thursday, October 30, 2008

new day, new medication

i just added a new med to my daily routine. man i was doing REALLY good for 5 years on celexa but for some reason when we moved to a new neighborhood and the kids started their new school, i just got worse and worse. for some reason i just could not handle it. i was exercising too and that didn't seem to help. anyways a few weeks ago i got changed to lexapro, it is a stronger version of celexa i think, anyways the first day wasn't too terrible but i am slowly feeling better and now the dr wants to add wellbutrin. i took it this morning and so far so good, nothing weird. i do feel a bit jittery but i will take that over anxiety any day! wish me luck!

2 comments:

Holloway Family said...

oh sweetie, we are on the same meds. I've been on them for 8 years. it does take three weeks for it to be theraputic. the lexapro will make you jittery until the end of the three weeks. I thought when I was chatting with you the other day that you were suffering from depression and anxiety. I know the frustrations and troubles that go with the whole thing. Change is hard to deal with when you are comfortable where you are at. That change always overwhelms me and I have to deal with adjusting my meds.

Kathy said...

So maybe I'm stupid, but I had no idea that you were on medication. May I ask what you take them for?