Monday, November 10, 2008

Recycling

Well, I don't know about you but I am doing my part to recycle, including the CAT! haha! Apparently our cat loves to jump into the recycling bin and sleep there. It is a small, blue box and it stays inside until I put it out the day they come to get it so it's not like it is huge one, like Christina's. He is a very funny guy! Maybe we should rename him? Like Trashy or Double D (dumpster diver) or Toonces, the Earth friendly Cat.....any suggestions would be much appreciated! He did something so great and wonderful today, he caught a MOUSE!!!! I don't even think he knew it! My visiting teachers were over and Dallas comes running into the living room declaring the cat killed a mouse! He then came back on several times to try and tell me all about it, whilst the lesson was trying to be shared. It was quite a scene! I refused to look at it so Andrew disposed of it before I could even have a chance-whew! Alas we did buy a mouse trap in case there are more....it is the kind where they go into it and get shocked and die immediately. I figure that was the most humane and least disgusting way to do it. It has an indicator light to let you know when one has been caught, so when that happens, you know who I am calling cuz I ain't gonna do it!!

3 comments:

Holloway Family said...

We recycle here in Italy and I think it's a pain in the butt. The Italians know what they are doing but they fail to explain all of the little things to us the visitors to their country. I'll be so glad to get back to the states where things are explained a little bit better AND in English. Mice? GROSS. We have HUGE mice and rats here, thank goodness for stray cats. ;)

Anonymous said...

so was this post about recycling or extermination? Did you eat the mouse for supper, thus recycling it?

Watson momma said...

HAHAHA, yes we are VERY frugal!