Sunday, May 30, 2010
I love free stuff
I am not a free loader by any means but I sure do enjoy free stuff! I love receiving free samples through the mail, at the store (Costco), and even events like clothing exchanges. The other day when we were cleaning the church, one of the wards were having a clothing swap so I decided I would take a look (don't worry they invited me haha) I got myself a pretty good steal. Found a few items of clothing that I really liked and of course Brianne always finds some little nick-knack she wants. I really like stuff like that. I am always giving away things when they are of no use to me or my family or the children have outgrown it (assuming it is in good condition). I am thankful for those who donate because people, like myself, benefit greatly from these things. I am a real cheap skate...well, just try to be frugal with my money. I really don't find lots of importance in material items to pay an arm and a leg. Do I sound cheap now? Anyways, I like to help where I can and appreciate those who do so in return. Not for myself, but for everyone. It is nice when we can live in a world where we can choose to help one another.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Free stuff is always good. Do you guys have one of those sharing tables at church? I love those. I don't get the need to spend tons of money on stuff either. I love clearence stores and clearence racks, and thrift stores. I've gotten some really good deals- brand new "Boulderdash" game for 3 bucks, brand new jeans at a store for 2 bucks... It's so thrilling to get good deals- even better to get it for free :)
yes i feel so proud of myself when i find a steal!
Post a Comment