Sunday, June 6, 2010
Good things come in small packages....
Who ever said a family of 5 could not fit into a "small" car has it all wrong :) I think I am the queen of breaking all the rules. I am not saying I am a rebel and I break the law, but I think I definitely think I do not follow the rules of "normalcy". We do not own a home. We do not have an official 2 income household. We do not own any credit cards (yea!). We do not, we do not, we do not, ..........a lot of things. One thing we definitely DO NOT have is a mini van. Everyone says we should have one, that we NEED one. Surely a family of 5 cannot sustain a car that is not an SUV nor a mini-van......but alas we have broken the car barrier......We have officially obtained ownership of a (new to us) 2008 Hyundai Accent sedan....ahhhhhhh (and the crows goes wild). No really, it's great. We have plenty of room because our children are so little still. Amber is the only left in a car seat and Dallas and Brianne are pretty skinny. Needless to say, we love it. It has a warranty that will last us another 5 years if we stay under the odometer reading suggested. We feel very thankful and blessed to finally be able to obtain a new car that will last us a little bit longer and will be more reliable. We loved our last car a lot. it gave us many fond memories. We brought home our last born child in that car. We took a few vacations in there as well. We enjoyed the reliability of it as well. It never gave us any huge problems. Of course by the end, it has too many problems to deal with. It needed a new home which could take it home and care for it in ways that we could not. It was a very crazy and hectic day, the day we got our new car. Once we signed the papers and brought it home, an hour later someone came calling for our jeep. We sold it right then and there and earned a few extra dollars. It helped pay for registration and gas, and of course a helping hand in our wallets! No more climbing across the passenger side door to get in and drive. No more bungees holding the doors shut. No more bicycle lights for tail lights and most importantly, NO MORE SUBZERO WINTER DRIVES! Oh how I will NOT miss that. All the layers in the world could not keep you warm. I am sure we almost started MANY a fires in that car trying to keep it warm. So here we are, in the next step of our lives...sorta...it is exciting for us and we intend to enjoy it as much as we can. (or as much as you can with a car)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment