Thursday, July 22, 2010
life, as of late
Things are really boring right now. My children are visiting their grandparents for 2 weeks and during that time, so far, I am pretty bored. I have cleaned the house up pretty good, but that doesn't take as long with no kids around. I cleaned the hamster cages, went visiting teaching, went to the dentist, went out to dinner, went to a movie.....hmmm....not very exciting. I guess it is nice having peace and quiet. I am working on indexing since I have more time to do it. I think almost all the clothes in the house are clean. That does not happen very often. I really miss my kids. Sure, I don't miss the fighting, but I miss the cuddling and times we have together. It will be fun to see them again. I am going to try and enjoy having them away since I really never get a break. Being a mother is a 24/7 deal. I am glad they get to have time to bond with extended family and make those memories. They will always remember them and want to pass it on. I loved my childhood memories. I loved going camping in the camper and vacations. Oh man, those were so fun. I tell my kids about how fun it was to sit at the top of the camper and look out the windows when we were driving. I am pretty sure it is illegal now. I don't really care to have an RV or anything, but I know my kids would find it so much fun as I did! Maybe one day we will be that crazy enough to buy one, who knows?! When we pick up the kids, we are trying to decide if Andrew and I should camp out for a few days before we get them or pick them up and camp together. I guess we will see how it all goes. Have I mentioned fishing lately? I have recently taken up fishing. Dallas mentioned one day about how he would like to fish, so for his b-day we got him a fishing set. Now the whole family is hooked! Even Amber wants her own too!! It's a really fun sport, if you can call it that. I have not caught any fish yet, but maybe once this year I will get lucky! It is a great way to relax and enjoy your surroundings and your family.....except when the kids want to change lures every 10 minutes! :)))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment