Monday, October 18, 2010
I'm not a huge book reader
But when I find something I like, I find it really hard to put it down. I have never read any of Richard Paul Evans books but saw a clip promoting his newest book, "Promise Me". It was such a great read! I'll try to write a quick synopsis but not give away juicy details! So it takes place in 2008, but the main character, Beth, is telling a story of a significant even back in 1989. She had been married for almost 10 years,I think, and her husband travels quite often. They have one daughter, Charlotte. Beth finds out her husband had an affair and it torn her world apart. She finally got to a point to forgive him and come to find out he recently got diagnosed with cancer. A few weeks before his death he admitted to having multiple affairs. Another hard blow, especially when he was so close to death. After his death she becme bitter and angry, unable to trust until one Christmas Eve....she meets a man at a 7-11 and he relentlessly pursues her. She finally gives in and decides to get to know him only to find out he has a shocking secret.....she had to make a life changing decision regarding this secret.(I can't tell you what it is, or it will ruin the story). So for the next 18 years she has to keep this secret because no one would ever believe her. She met and married another man who treated her wonderfully and she was very happy. I hope this is enough to make you want to read the book! I read it Saturday night until 3am! I just could not put it down! It is sure to be found in your local library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am always looking for another good book to read! I think I just may read this one when I finish the book I am currently reading! Thanks Tonnia!
Post a Comment