Thursday, February 10, 2011

The dentist is our new best friend

Only because we will be seeing him every month for the next 15 years and then some! Poor little Amber had teeth moulds taken today and a bazillion photos and x-rays. She has a sever case of underbite occurring. She definitely picked up that gene from her daddy. Not only does she look like him, she is having dental issues just like him! So she is going to get a retainer made for her tiny mouth! It will be really cute, but sad too. We are hoping that by starting her now, it can fix the problem before it goes out of control. Well not only are we trying to force her upper jaw to catch up with her lower jaw, she is missing 4 permanent teeth and her front, top permanent teeth and coming in at an angle. Hopefully as they move in they will straighten out. This was all noticed on the x-rays. Poor girl may have a childhood of metal, metal and more metal! I can't say I am feeling extremely happy right now either. I am scared because she is a girl and self esteem issues. She is very shy and I hope she will be ok. Now onto Dallas. Oh my baby boy who has spent his past few years in the dentist chair. Well it ain't over yet. He not only has to get space maintainers since he had some teeth pulled prematurely, he has a slightly less than severe over bite.....goody goody gumdrops! So now he has to be fitted for a retainer. I am afraid I know where our tax return will be spent now. I guess we can't pay off debt this year unless we are lucky and this ends up costing less than I am expecting. Good thing I can claim these medical expenses on our tax return! Haha! I do feel blessed though, if Andrew didn't have this great job and good insurance, all of this would be very far out of our reach! So I am thankful for that and great dentists. They have waived and discounted many of our fees and it has made it very affordable for us to continue our dental care, which we seriously need! None of us were blessed with perfect teeth, Christina, so it s a good thing we have been led to where we are now. Well, at least Brianne has perfect teeth. For now anyways....she may end up with braces later on though, depends if the gaps in her teeth close.

1 comment:

Laurel Baker said...

We are right there with you right now! I just LOVE giving the Dentist so much of our money! Brandon's new job won't have dental insurance, so we are trying to get as much done before the old insurance runs out at the end of the month! So much fun! I am sorry to hear your little ones have to get so much work done! Poor things!