Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One month left!

Oh how I wish school was over but alas, it is not. One month left, I think I can do this, Although I am never prepared for summer. I would like to say I have things planned out but I don't, and never do and never will. I am sure the children will be spending a good amount of time at the green shack program again this year. High school and college students are hired by the city to do activities with children at parks across the city. Sometimes I go with them ammd sometimes I don't. I wanted to sign Dallas up for a science camp but he said no. He loves all things science but maybe he doesn't get the idea of a camp. He is a stubborn guy. So after the baptism weekend was over I felt a literal burden removed from my shoulders. Ahhh, to feel relaxed and light. This year has sure been hectic and I am grateful that it has finally smoothed out. Andrew has a new website he is continually working on displaying some of his talent and work. It's www.ajrage.com. He was so thrilled to have that name. He has used that name for ages in his video games and online aliases and now his dream has come true:). Please don't judge too harshly. Like I said, it's a work in progress. He has been doing small freelance jobs as a result and hopefully someday become a full out freelancer. Things are feeling better for us around here now. We have been struggling with feelings of frustration with Edmonton but after some praying and searching we are starting to feel ok about it for now. Andrew was trying to figure out if he wanted to find a new job or not and he finally came to the conclusion to stay where he is. It really is a great job. We have been seriously blessed even if we do not appear to have it all. Yes, I still struggle with my stupid ego about living in a basement apartment, but I NEED to get over it! It is a great place really! The neighborhood is full of great families and older couples who are so friendly no matter who you are. The children have really wonderful friends who have loving parents who care. I can see my children growing up with them and making life long friends. Dallas has made an especially special bond with his friend, Robbie. Robbie isn't like most kids his age. He has some sort of learning disability that neither I nor his parents can pinpoint but he is a very cute boy nonetheless. He just absolutely adores Dallas. His mother told us a story about Robbie praying for a friend to have in his grade that also goes to church with him since his siblings all had that. This was before we moved in and then we moved in and he was so excited to have his prayers answered! I still feel we have been a blessing to this boy but he has been a blessing to us as well. Although I struggle with feeling accepted in my ward, I do know we should stay for now. It is more important for my children to have stability and good friendships than for someone like me, who can figure out how to make some friends in the situation I am in. I do have friends, I see them almost everyday, but I forget to consider them friends, I don't know why?? Also, there are women in my ward who DO like me, I just fail to see past their ages. Why? Age does not matter! So I took the initiative and sat with one of the sisters I visit teach and I felt very happy inside. She is older an me and is not married and no kids.....here I was thinking I couldn't really consider her a friend because of her circumstance. Not so, and how bad for me to think it. Not to say I did not like her, I really do, I just felt maybe she wouldn't find anything in common with me! I have decided that I am going to stick with those women who DO like me and I them, no matter what age they are! I can be happy here, and I choose to be.

No comments: