I am very proud of myself for being able to lose this much so far. I am trying oh so hard to stay focused. I don't want to go on any extreme diets or overload on exercising, I am just changing my lifestyle. I still eat almost anything but it's about portion control. I cut out night time snacking (it is my farce!). I rarely snack between meals and eat smaller meals. If I go out to eat, I take home half of my meal or try to order a smaller portion or more sensible option. If I do snack, I try to pick better options, like fruits or veggies, trail mix, etc. I make sure I get out and walk every day, whether on the treadmill or outside delivering flyers. As long as I do about 40 minutes at a brisk pace, I do pretty well. I know by losing small amounts at a time, I have a better chance of keeping it off. It is much healthier for my body, and will not damage internal organs, create new health problems, etc. I want to be a healthier weight. I am aiming for 135, which is pre-pregnancy, but will be happy with 145 as well. I do not want to be super thin, I just want to be a healthier weight. I think some women feel they have to be a cool 100lbs and a size 0 to be beautiful, but the truth is, that a healthy weight for your body frame is much more beautiful. Being underweight is just as detrimental as being overweight. Osteoporosis, infertility, anemia, diabetes (and you thought you had to be fat to have diabetes), your immune system starts to fail you, etc. So contrary to what society tells you is beautiful, don't listen! When you see models on the runway, or wherever, don't think they have a wonderful life because they are models, or have literally no body fat.....I think they must be on drugs! Which is probably true most of the time. The word of wisdom is true in all its aspects. Eat healthy, balanced meals and be active! That is exactly what I am doing and am finding positive, very positive, results!
No comments:
Post a Comment