Monday, October 17, 2011

So long, farewell, Auf weidersehen, good bye!

Well, our first batch of fishies moved on to fishy heaven. I made a mistake of shocking the poor fish when I was cleaning their tank. I forgot to warm the warm and adjust them to it before putting them in! Oops! So you can imagine the horror Brianne experienced and the non stop bawling.yeah, it was quite traumatic for her. So Saturday we went out and got some new ones. 2 guppies, 2 zebra fish and a snail! I think we have a pregnant guppy though! The store clerk told us she was, but I am not sure how knowledgable a minimum wage employee knows about fish. So I posted on YouTube and some say she is. I guess we will have to see in a few weeks. Female guppies are livebearers and can drop up to 100 fry (babies) but average is around 30. Not to mention she can reimpregnate herself a few more times after that since she stores the males "essence" when they mate! Haha. I think it will be cute to see tiny babiy fish! We hope to save as many as we can before they are eaten. So here is a video of them. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGnseirGAnw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 comment:

Laurel Baker said...

I killed our friends fish the same way when we were babysitting it while they were out of town! I felt horrible! Oh well...life goes on! Glad you got more!