Thursday, March 18, 2010
Student led conferences
Every year at the schools up here have two Parent/Student conferences. The first one is a goal setting one where you sit down with your child and the teacher and make goals for the year. The second one is more fun. This is when your child gets to show you things they have been working on throughout the year, hence the name. So I really enjoyed it, even though I am at the school all the time it was nice to see the progress. Dallas is really doing well at art. He loves to build things and loves to be hands-on everything. He has always been this way. He has a very creative mind. Now I try to remind Dallas that if he wants a career with doing stuff like that, he needs to practice his other subjects too. He does not realize how it will all go together someday. He is doing very well, although he gets frustrated easily, so he tends to give up. Eventually he comes back around and does a good job. He has a hard time realizing his potential because he thinks he should be doing it faster. I know he will get the hang of it one day. No one is perfect at everything. I just keep encouraging him and staying positive about it. I think overall he does enjoy being at school. Brianne on the other hand is a school fanatic. She loves being there and if we are running late one morning she is very upset because she hates missing out on anything. Her teacher has nothing but good things to say about her. She is very impressed with her efforts and comprehension. Brianne has always loved learning. She takes off with everything she learns. When they are asked to write a one page story, she writes 3! She also has a very vivid imagination! She loves to talk about lots of things and describes things. She is just very creative all the time. Both Dallas and Brianne must get their creativity from their dad's side of the family. No way am I that good!! It feels good to have children who enjoy school. I know I never did, but try not to tell them that because I want them to have their own opinions on their school experience. I don't want my negative talk rub off on them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What the!? Tonnia, your dreams are so crazy it doesn't amaze me that Brianne can write such detailed stories! She gets is from her mom as well!
Post a Comment