Monday, August 16, 2010

nothing new, nothing borrowed, nothing blue

Nothing exciting happens around here, and maybe that is a good thing. Sometimes mundane is comfortable. It is enjoyable. I do not like change and because the new school year is creeping up so fast, change is about happen.  New school (again), but at least the same students and friends. Some same teachers, some new.  Dallas says he is excited to meet some new friends.  I know he likes his old friends but he is outgoing and likes to make friends everywhere he goes.  I am glad my kids are so outgoing. I was so shy growing up and it took me many years to come out of it.  It helps to have a spouse who is social.  Amber is the only one who takes after me in that area.  She isn't a push over however.  As much as she is shy, she does not let others "just do it for her".  If she doesn't want it, like it, whatever, she will fight it.  So I guess that makes up for her shyness.  I hope she grows out of it as I did. It can be a miserable lifestyle to get stuck in.  It's a wonder some days how I ever made friends and got through my teen years without feeling like a complete outcast.  It is also probably why I did not enjoy YSA that much either.  But then again, I never felt like I fit in with those kinds of groups....it felt too much like high school for me.  Now that I am an adult and a parent, social statuses mean nothing to me. I do not care what you wear, what you drive, how much money you have or even how you do your hair.  Just have a pleasant personality and non-judge mental attitude, non-perverted mind and we're good to go.  I find that you can find friends in any circumstance.  Of course that takes work on their part as well, but there will be at least ONE person right?  I try my best to be nice to everyone around me, regardless who they are.  It can be tough, but very possible.  It is amazing to me how much I have learned about personal choice.  We can choose any kind of life we want. We can choose our moods, our feelings, our thoughts, our actions.  We do not have to react, we can ACT. I am by far not perfect in this practice one bit, but as my eyes are opened, the understanding is coming and so forth the actions.  I know one day I will get there.

No comments: