Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Random thoughts all blogged into one

I cannot believe ther eis only a week left until school starts! I am not ready to let my babies go back. Don't grow up!!! It seems that every year school starts it is a sign that they are growing up and I have to let go a little more. I am so glad I got to have the time I did with them this summer. I will miss the morning cuddles in my bed as we all try to wake up to start another day. Now it will be nagging them every morning to get them up and going so they won't be late! Haha! I am also nervous because I will be doing lunch supervision at a different school and though I have been doing it for a few years now, it will be a new group of kids so you just don't know how they will be. I am sure I will be fine, but starting something new is always a nervous thing. This last weekend we tried get in a last fishing trip but it was so cold! We have den taken over by smoke from the forest fires and then cloud cover so it made it quite chilly. We fished for about an hour before we gave in. We then drove to a nearby town to grab a bite to eat and decided at the last minute to stay the night. There wa sa hotel with a waterslide and we thought it would be a fun treat to stay in a nice hotel and play in the pool. We had a really fun time. Andrew went down the slide and was trying to go slow so he was scrapping his feet and hands against the side of the slide and it was SO LOUD! Hahaha! We were laughing so hard! We had so much fun going down the slide and shooting each other with water. I love those kind of memories. Then around 10pm we were really hungry from swimming so we hopped over to Tim hortons and grabbed a quick bite and stayed up watching "when stunts go bad" on tv. Haha. It is fun to watch odd tv shows and laugh. Dallas enjoys it the most because he has such a great sense of humor! It was a great way to finish off the summer I suppose. We would like to go fishing again one more time but we will see how the weather goes.

3 comments:

Laurel Baker said...

Tonnia, I am so glad to know that you have a hard time letting your kids go too!! It sounds like you guys had a really fun summer! I can't believe it is already feeling cold there! I wish I could give you some of our sun!!

edsajadaha05 said...

hahaahah tonnia!
I wish I could have heard that Squealing/Screetchin down the slide and laughed with you. I am laughing now! hahahahah
I hate when my kids go back to school and this year I'm all alone.

Watson momma said...

Haha! Sarah it was a riot and it seemed like it lasted for 5 minutes! Hahaha! And there were other people there too so it made it even funnier! Hahahahahah.