Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Just amber and I again
Well the first day of school has just begun. Dallas of course is too cool to say goodbye in front of his friends, but brianne,on the other hand, is always a little shy in the beginning. There were only 2 girls in her class last year and they both are going to different schools this year. So even though she is familiar with most of the boys, she now has to make new girl friends again. So the male-female ratio isn't very good in her new class either. 5 girls and 18 boys!!!!!! That poor poor teacher. I remember those boys from last year and she is in for quite a ride. Last year this teacher had only 4 boys.....the tables have turned. So I managed to not shed a single tear this year. Next year will be a whole new story with amber beginning school. I think I am too stressed to cry. I started my new job yesterday and it went well and boy am I overwhelmed by how many kids attend the school I work at! Like 250+! Not to mention how often music is integrated. When I arrived they were going into an assembly and they were all singing the school song and, go figure, the assembly is basically the music teachers playing their instruments. Then they proceed back to their classrooms where the teacher then plays a CD all throughout lunch! Too much noise!!! Hahaha. I can already pick out the kids in my class who are not into it so much. Hahaha....maybe throughout the year they will enjoy it, who knows? It will be an entertaining year to say the least. The "lunch ladies" are like a group on their own. I really like them this year. I do not think there is one I do not like. They are more normal than the ones in the past I have worked with. I enjoy their company. Some of the teachers I have met are reLy nice too. I am surprised by how many male teachers are there. It just seems more of a female teacher school. It is good though. The French teachers I could do without, they aren't the friendliest people I have met. I don't know what it is, and though there is a stereotype about how rude fence people are, I wonder now if it true. Anyways we have also decided to teach the children about earning money, so we picked up a flyer route. Twice a week we will deliver flyers to approximately 60 houses. It does not pay a ton but it will help the kids to understand working for things they want. I hope it goes well and they stick with it. Of course Andrew and I will be helping so that should give them some encouragement, or so I hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats on no tears! I will get there someday! Enjoy the time with Amber! I am sure she will LOVE having you all to herself! I know I need to spend more quality time with Bryce...he already spends pretty much the whole time the boys are at school on either the computer or watching TV! It is just so nice having him busy with something while I am trying to do other stuff!
This will be the 3rd year we home together.
Post a Comment