Sunday, August 29, 2010

New blog title

Ok I changed the title because that is what I really feel like 90% of the time. I am a frazzled mom, and darn proud of it! :) I would prefer not to be but who can say they are on top of their game all of the time? Maybe there are much more organized and relaxed and calm mothers than I, but I am yet to meet one. So anyways, I am excited that school starts in a few days. I am excited to get back into that routine. It will be nice to earn that extra paycheck again too. I am excited for morning walks with the kids followed by afternoon walks talking about how their day went. I am glad to have something to do halfway thru the day to keep me going. I also am proud to announce that I have decreased my medications and am doing even better than I was before. It took a few week to adjust from the side effects of decreasing but now i am doing very well. My goal is to get off of them for good. Not only will it be liberating to be free from it, but it will be nice to lose that weight that the medication causes. My Dr. told me that because I have been on them for so long that it causes a permanent change in my brain that makes it easier to come off them and stay off of them. Very good news to hear. Today we had a new stake presidency called and needless to say I don't really know any of them. Nonetheless, they are all definitely called to their positions by God. They all had good testimonies and come across as good men. Our old stake president is now the temple president of the Edmonton temple. I guess he doesn't get a break for now! Haha! I would love to be able to serve in the temple. When we get a turn to clean the temple it is such a wonderful experience. I have been able to do it twice now. I love how it is decorated so beautifully even though it is a smaller temple. The beauty exceeds the size and makes it feel like a large, wonderful place. I would love to live by it for the spirit and beauty that it radiates. Speaking of which, I was looking at a crime map of Edmonton and I clicked on the neighborhood where the temple resides and can you guess how many crimes have been committed there??? ABSOLUTELY NONE! I was kind of surprised but then realized why.

1 comment:

Laurel Baker said...

I am totally a frazzled mom too!! I don't think I am ever all caught up on things around the house! That is great news about your medication! Good luck to your kids on starting school...hopefully no tears for you!!