Friday, October 8, 2010
Blessings and great people
Reading Christina's post reminded me that Andrew just had some dental work done the other day. He went in to have a tooth fixed because another one broke! About 4 years ago he had 2 root canals done, poorly I might add. Within a few years one of the root canal teeth broke off, almost the whole thing! Luckily, they were able to salvage the roots and a good surface so he can have it crowned. Well guess which other tooth broke? Yep, the other root canal tooth. Luckily, this break was not as bad so when he went in they fixed it and now it looks like a nub! Haha. Anyways he has to have both capped, which will have to wait for the new year because we have maxed out our dental benefits for the year......does that tell you how bad our teeth are?? Our children do not stand a chance! Hahaha! Anyways, they were very gracious to Andrew and did not charge him for the work since they knew we had to wait for January to finsh any other work we needed done. They said he can wait to have them capped and then pay, that way insurance will pay most of it! I am very thAnkful to have such a great dentist who is also very unselfish. They also offered us a family discount so we get an extra 20 percent off our bills when we come in. I also remember when I was getting work done, the receptionist came in to ask the dentist how much to charge a patient for a root canal because he had no insurance. Just to clarify, in a root canal, they put in pins where your roots once were to anchor your teeth. This particular patient had 3 put in and the dentist said to only charge for half of one. I thought that was very nice of him! I am glad we have been blessed to have him as our dentist. He was Andrews dentist growing up and are the nicest family! His daughter practices with him now too. Speaking of great things, I listened to the BEST interview I have ever heard! Here is a link to it :http://broadcast.lds.org/ldsradio/Conversations/2010-10-0190-elder-kikuchi-64k-eng.mp3. I love listening to the Mormon channel on the iPad. I couldn't sleep last night so I turned it on to help fall asleep and heard this interview and just absolutely loved it! I think you would too. He sounds like such an awesome person! I HIGHLY recommend it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OH, I hate going to the dentist! I don't think it ever is a good experience!
Where are you moving to!!!!!!!!!!! HOW ABOUT MISSOURI!!! They people are so kind and friendly you would love it!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment