Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Lying
Lying is one of the most destructive habits one can choose to make. Not only do you destroy your identity and integrity, you lose trust in others. No one wants to be your friend. Today I caught Dallas in a lie. This is not the first time, but it is getting bigger. I had a talk with him about lying and I am not sure how much sunk in. He has friends that lie, and that does not help. He says because they lie so much, it influences him to do the same. Not good. I cannot control his life and told him he needs to make decision about these friends. Are they worth keeping if they lie all the time? I told him he needs to find new friends, even if it is hard. I said he has a choice. I did not say he has to do it my way, but he needs to think of the consequences he will end up with. Lying is heartbreaking. I want him to grow up to be an honest person. He has a sensitive spirit that is easily influenced. I think he has a tough road ahead of him. He is definitely one of those children who will challenge me when he is a teen. I hope that is not true though. I hope I can be a good influence on him and show him that making the right decisions will ultimately lead him to a happier life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think you handled that like a pro, Tonnia!! You have taught him and set the example for him, and now he gets to put his agency into action! I am not looking forward to the teen years either! It is so much nicer to be able to tell them what to do or not to do and have them still actually listen!
Post a Comment