Tuesday, December 28, 2010
a big hello from the south
Well here it has been almost a week since we left and it already seems like it is not long enough! Our drive was soooo very long, but sooo very worth it. We have been having a blast! I have already lost my voice, not a surprise with all the yakking we do. Now I have to talk louder just to even hear myself, let alone anyone hear me. I am happy I got to see Koof since it has been about 9 years. It was nice to meet her husband and kids too. It has been fun to see Rhonda again too. Of course her son, Ryan, was a newborn when we saw them last so it was fun to see how he has grown, and Justin too I suppose! hahah! I think Missouri is a very nice place. I can't believe how low the cost of living is here. If only we could earn the same amount and live somewhere like here! I can't wait to post pictures from our trip. Not too many but some that are nice. I dread going back because of the LONG hours we will endure in the car, but it will be nice to get home. I am hoping the border will not give us a hard time coming back.....on our way down, we all had to get out of the car and had to be questioned seperately! It was such a joke! I couldn't believe they would pick us to question. I had nothing to hide so I wasn't afraid, but when you hear a latex glove snap on their gloves, you get a little curious as to what they MAY do......they searched our coats, purse, wallet, car.....and get this.....they found ORANGE PEELS in our garbage!!!! I was sooooooo embarassed! hahahahah! NOT! It was hilarious how serious they took it. I am not exactly sure why they do not want you crossing with produce, but we were close to violating the law. Anyways, glad we got through without being incarcerated. I was wondering if they would take my husband away on some mysterious charges. One thing they stressed a concern over was him looking for a job here.....WHAT? In THIS economy? HA HA HA! Seriously, at this time we would not even think ONCE about it. Especially since the great and powerful Oz, aka Obama, is in charge. While he is around, i will not. Have a great holiday season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment