Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Merry Christmas!

No political correctness for me, thank you very much :) we were watching Charlie Brown's Christmas and I don't think I ever realized that cartoons of those days actually talked about the nativity, whereas today you would NEVER find that. Apparently, it is intolerant of other religions and beliefs to portray the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Huh? Isn't tolerance allowing it? The minority will scream intolerance, yet they are not showing the least bit of tolerance by doing so. How many stories have you heard of a nativity scene being removed from a town site because one or two people find it offensive.....I had no idea the birth of our Saviour was so offensive. I guess watching teens and adults boozing in movies and pushing nudity to the extreme, not to mention sex, is perfectly acceptable. How many of you catch this? Good is bad and bad is good. It was prophesied, and it is here, full fledged. Satan sure does have tight grasp on the hearts of men. The more good people want, the harder he pushes the envelope. It is hard to see the good when so much bad is focused on. Anyways, I am excited the Christmas season is here. I love it! There is nothing more beautiful than the story of Christ's birth. I wish this spirit of the holidays cold be year round. There is less than 2 weeks left of school and boy am I ever excited for it! Not only do the children get to enjoy time off, so do I! Although my job does pay well enough, I still like being away from it too! Caring for other people's children has never been, and probably never will be, fun. Ok, does that sound really synical? I am not the best with other kids....maybe it's because I hate being such a pushover? I have a hard time with the guilt that comes with appearing "mean". I hate denying my children anything, although I do all the time. I know it is critical for them to understand they can't have everything they want, even if the money IS there. Not to mention that there are always a few kids, or several, that JUST DON'T LISTEN! I just roll my eyes and tell myself they will eventually listen....right??? Oh well....the money is good enough to stick with it! :)

3 comments:

rhonda17 said...

I didnt know you were taking care of kids at your house....how fun and god bless you!! haha! I am sure it is hard! See ya in exactly 12 days!! oh the 12 days of Christmas!!!! YEAH!! haha....

Watson momma said...

No I do lunch supervision at school!

rhonda17 said...

oh cool and a paper route? they have newspapers in Canada...whoa!