So I never blogged about my bday, #31, so here goes. I turned 31....yea! haha. It actually was not very exciting. The kids were very difficult but they made it up to me when they made a cake.
Not too shabby for a 9 and 7 year old. I don't think Amber helped but she was there nonetheless. I did help them put the frosting into decorating bags so there was a touch of mom in there but they did 99% of it. It made my day.
Now, chores. Oh the joys of messy-ness? messiness? Anyways, I have been strung out about getting the kids involved in cleaning. Well my visiting teacher showed me a wonderful app called iReward Chart. Your children earn stars for different tasks and stars can even be taken away and into the negative! Then you also choose rewards they can cash out on. TV, video games, play dates, etc. It has helped a lot! Brianne is the most determined as Dallas refuses to touch dishes or anything he finds unprofitable. Which is a lot of things! I sometimes think Andrew could use it too, but since he earns the money he gets his way anyways.....and me! haha!
This is a glimpse of what the app looks like.
Onto other subjects...gymnastics! All three kids did gymnastics for the past 8 weeks and they enojyed it a lot! I am glad to finally get Brianne and Amber into something that will help them with their coordination. I didnt get any good pics, but here is one of Amber on the balance beam.
Our lives have been ever so busy! I cannot wait until summer when we can all take a much needed break! The kids are still delivering flyers. We have forgotten how easy it is when there is no snow. The snow is almost officially gone! Just a few patches in the shade. I cannot wait to put in my new flowers! Oh how I love spring. We have been enjoying walks and bike rides, and now Amber has finally figured out how to pedal! So she has Brianne's old bike with the training wheels on. She is quite the determined little girl. Despite her shyness, she is very firm in her ways. She will not let anyone change that. Not even me...or candy...or toys. Her retainer therapy is going great!!! Her under bite is now an overbite! Of course she wont be able to take it out for at least a year. It has to be over corrected because even when she gets a removable retainer to maintain her overbite, it will move a little and she is still growing. I am so thankful for our wonderful dentists! They are awesome! Andrew has found some free lance projects that have really boosted his spirits. He was playing a wrestling game on facebook and come to find out the people playing this wanted name plates for their wrestlers. Cheesy, I KNOW, but hey it gives him some extra cash and some work on the side and an ego boost. It would be wonderful if he could get enough freelance jobs we could live anywhere we want! I would love to be in the mountains! I would settle for a tiny shack just to be surrounded by the beauty of the Canadian Rockies. We went there for Easter weekend and oh how lovely it was! It was busy with tourists since it has been warming up, but it just has a very serene feeling to it despite the fact. On another note, Andrews grandma has not been doing too hot. A few months ago she suffered a major stroke which left her paralyzed on her left side. Since then she has been bedridden and has not been able to eat real food. Her memory is definitely in tact, which is wonderful, but also must be very hard for her to have her mind there and her body not keeping up. She was in the hospital for about 6 weeks and is now in a nursing home under 24 hour care. It is sad really. She has always been so mobile and independent for 99 years! Her 100th birthday is in July and I am not sure if she will make it. She started improving while in the hospital but shortly after she entered the nursing home she started going downhill again. Every time we have visited she has not been very responsive. She is more sleepy and less talkative. We have not been able to have a conversation with her for a few weeks now. 100 years is a LONG time to live, especially in an era where so much has been invented! Well, I suppose this is enough to keep everyone updated for another month or so! If things slow down I may be able to write more, but as of today, not likely! We got church cleaning in May and that is a responsibility all on its own!







No comments:
Post a Comment