Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Snuggies galore!
So General conference was great and I am always thinking of ways to get my children involved, then it hit me......bribery! He he he! So I went to the church website and printed out a childrens booklet for GC and am I ever impressed! The deal was that when one of the 12 or presidency spoke, they had to take notes next to the pictures of them. They did so great, and boy do those notes make me smile! They are so cute, written by the hand of a child. I love it! They enjoyed it so much that they want to do it again at the next session. I am so very blessed to have such awesome children. Not one day goes by that they don't make me smile.....even if it is after yelling at them all day ;). Anyways, you are probably wondering where the snuggies come in. Well, that was their reward for doing so well. I had my doubts, but they surpassed my expectations. They have been begging for snuggies for ages and I finally found the perfect time. I know they had to watch, out of bribery, but since conference is so accessible these days, we don't have to go to the church to watch it now. We are lucky that we have so many outlets to watch and/or listen, but it makes for creative and new ways to get your children involved as much as they can. I know I don't remember any sessions as a kid, but I do remember having to go to at least one session with my parents. I want my children to learn it as well. I don't expect them to remember it all, but the point is to stress the importance of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is AWESOME!! We haven't really pushed our boys to sit and listen to conference, but I think we need to start doing it soon! I have seen the conference packets, and they are great! Maybe in Oct. we will try them! You will have to take a picture of your kids in their new snuggies! I'll tell ya...kids just LOVE them! I am just glad they are not that expensive!
Post a Comment