Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's about time!

I always come over here and try to decide if I feel like blogging and most of the time, I don't. I am always tired or busy. I have been finding myself taking late afternoon naps that extend into dinner time! So needless to say, we have had lackluster suppers. Mostly fending for ourselves. Which means cereal. Blah. Bad, bad mom! Is there ever such thing as being the perfect parent? Brianne says I am the "bestest mom of all moms"' Dallas says, "not exactly"! Haha! Glad for honesty! I know he loves me though. We have fun on our weekly Costco sample runs, Dallas and I. He really enjoys one on one time with me. I try my best to even it it out between all three of them. On Monday, Brianne, Amber and I went to Value VIlage for 50% off day. Amber insisted I try on this one pair of shoes and we both agreed they didn't look good on me. In fact, Amber put it best, "those are pretty shoes, but ugly on you." HAHA! I am sure she heard me say that many a times but it is even better when it comes out of the mouth a 5 year old. She is at a stage where funny things are always coming out of her mouth. We were looking at the new Polly Pockets and they have enhanced her eyes to the point of being a mini-Bratz doll. We looked at it and Amber said, "that's a pretty dress for an ugly girl!" and this is not in a subtle, small voice. It's loud! Again, honesty. I am glad my children uphold the principle of homesty so high. No one believes Amber can even speak, even her kindergarten teacher. I think she has confronted me twice about it. I recorded a video of Amber talking so I can show her at student conferences tomorrow. She will be impressed! I have been reading a lot lately! I first read a book called 'The Murder Business'. By Mark Fuhrman. It is about famous cases that were messed up especially because of media. Very good read! The next one I am reading is 'The 7 wonders that will change your life' by Glenn Beck and Keith Ablow. Awesome! I am almost done and HIGHLY recommend it. Almost any book Glenn Beck writes is amazing! He has a true gift in story telling, fiction and nonfiction! I enjoy my book binges because I am not a huge reader. Sure I like to read articles, reports, blogs, etc but not 200-simod page books. This comes around about once a year. Is that a bad thing to admit to??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was trying to imagine Amber saying that about the shoes but since I don't know what her voice sounds like I couldn't. Haha! :)