Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another year, another....uhh....hmmmm.....something!

I had a most wonderful Christmas vacation and I hope many of you did as well! We traveled down to New Mexico for a Christmas family reunion! It was so much fun! It did not last long enough though. I was depressed for a few days when we got back but I am starting to feel better now. I don't think words can describe the great fun I had with my sisters! It was like old times all over again! Stupidity I think would be the best way to describe it. That is our style of humor! Of course Christina just had to get sick and ruin it for all of us! Haha, jk! She missed out onto much fun but at least she was there! Going to kids kingdom proved to be almost deadly though. Todd almost took off his head in a fall. I think he got too into it. Maybe he forgot it was a game and not a deer hunt? Haha! Having not been there in over 10 years, I came back with many bumps and bruises as most others did. I am not as quick, nimble or as flexible as I once used to be. Doesn't help when you have the wrong shoes too! We also went out to White Sands and although it was nice to see again, it was covered in snow! I was sorely disappointed because I was hoping to take off my shoes and run around. I barely made it up the hill because of the mix of snow and sand. I spent most of my time in the car laughing with Kathy and Sarah at the way everyone was sledding down the hill! Our drive down was much unexpected as the weather was snowy 90% of the way. On Thursday night, as we traveled through NM a major snow storm hit and roads were being closed down literally seconds after we exited off of them. We got really lucky! It was unreal to think NM could get so much snow! Once we hit Carizozo, the snow stopped and we had clear roads for the last hour. So it did stay fairly cold throughout the duration of the reunion, but no snow. Still the best vacation yet. On our way back we stopped in SLC for a day and took the kids to Temple Square. That was a neat experience but tiring too! I am ready to stay in my bed for a week now! Haha! If you want to see pictures, you have to go to me Facebook since I don't feel like uploading over here right now!

No comments: