Sunday, March 18, 2012

So far

So I am doing well as of today. My numbness is moving around in my body and my left arm is still in pain. I can still function well. I feel healthy and happy. My new antidepressant, Zoloft, is working wonders! The cipralex was just wearing off on me so I needed a change. The kids had their report cards come out andi am very proud of each one of them! They have all improved in so many different areas! Dallas is getting MUCH better in French and Math. Brianne is becoming more confident and tried out for the main role in a skit for her choir class! Although she lost the vote for the role, she still has a part so I am excited to see her in it tomorrow! Amber is slowly, but surely, coming out of her shy shell. She reads very well and loves absolutely everything about school. I am very proud of all the hard work my children have exhibited this year. I hope they keep it up. Especially Dallas. I worry about him sometimes so I have been praying so much for him and I am glad to see that Heavenly Father listens and loves us. He truly does want to help us and loves us more than we can ever know. Although we aren't 100% happy in our living arrangements, we are content for now. We feel it is the right decision to stay put. As hard as that is, giving in to the Lord's will has much comfort. I am anxious for school to end, 3 more months! I am looking forward to sleeping in, camping, playing outside, gardening, etc. I am not sure I will be returning to my job next year. As life goes, I must too. As much as I want to pursue a career, the time is still not right. My children still need me. I need a job that will work with their schedule. I know if I stick to my guns, the Lord will provide. My time with my children at each age is short and I so want to cherish it and be a part of it. They need me more than I need a job. I know things are tight and we don't have much, but all the financial security and material items in the world cannot replace the moments of being a mother to these children. Between Andy and I, we make just enough. That is all I have ever asked for and the Lord has kept his promise to me. It is more important that I do the Lord's work before my own. I know that by doing so, he will NOT let me go without. And he has proved it to me many times. I do my best, he does the rest. I know there will come a time where I can pursue a career, but it's not now and I am ok with it. I know that by putting the Lord first, I will be directed in the path that is best for me. He has never let me down so I have that obligation to not let Him down.

1 comment:

Christy Weenig said...

You go Momma! I totally agree that your kids need you! My mom always worked and sometimes I wished she was there when I came home from school to talk to me. Just your mere presence is important for them. I hope the Lord will keep blessing you for all your hard work!