Wednesday, February 13, 2008
A little tidbit about MLM
Ok, so we were introduced to a company called FHTM (Fortune Hi-Tech Marketing) They come across are exciting and what not and want you to join so you can make money and so other people can make money if they join under you. Yes another one of those things. Well they always come off so enticing, but let me tell you, it isn't always what it seems. They try to say you can work as little as you want and still make at least a couple thousand a month. right. So anyways, Andrew and I were on board at first but then I slept on it. I just didn't really feel all that excited about it. I looked into the website, and suprisingly enough didn't talk to anyone who was in it. In fact, anyone who was in it wouldn't talk to me. I joined their groups and everything. Couldn't get any info from anyone. Well needless to say these are not the primary reasons I didn't want to join. I started thinking about how you had to be out finding people to want to join and man I am sure when you are at the store shopping, the last thing you want to do is bug someone about a "get rich quick" scheme. This company is totally legitimate, don't get me wrong, but not everyone can make 10K a month. In fact only a select few do. You have to be really pushy and even more convincing. They tell you not to go into the whole "plan" when you talk to people. They want you to lure them unto a meeting so they can get excited and flush their money away and in a year realize they aren't making much from it. I am sorry but your hopes and dreams do not come through money. Also they want you to get people to sign up for their services. I am sure we all know how easy that is right??? What do you do when telemarketers call?? Hang up right? I would say about 90% of us do. This si the same idea, except, let's do it in person. I can garuntee that most of the money being made is through sign ups for the program and not through their services. Now the #1 reason why I didn't want to join--my family! Ok, they say you can make tons of money, buy a home, yadda yadda yadda, but what does this compare to being with my family??? NOTHING! We make a decent amount to live, and we have a great family life, and Andrew is SUPER blessed to have such an awesome job right now. He gets to be home with us every night! We have not always had that. Maybe people don't realize it when they have had it for so long or not at all but I think its the best thing in the world. My family is sooo important to me. No amount of money will EVER compensate for missed time. With this program, you would have to be out constantly, for Andrew, that would be after work when he comes home. He would have to be doing the selling. Now where does that leave us? Somewhere in between "Hi, I'm home let's eat dinner" and bedtime. Geez, that doesn't sound good to me. I am sure a lot of people think we are dumb for not taking something that could potentially earn us more, but whats the risk? What about the loss? I am nto talking about money invested, I am talking about precious family time with one another. That is something I will NOT sacrifice for something that only brings worldly possessions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh Tonnia! I'm so proud of you. I'm so glad you looked up to your perfect sister and decided that you had to be just like her! Oh! I love it! (Ok, just kidding on the perfect part, hahahahahah)
HAHAHAH all my inspiration comes from you! HAHAHAH
Nice new colors. You have'nt said what your doing with all those onions???
Oh, I have to say something about this. We kind of started to get into this company which was similiar. We decided we wanted out, and Mackenzie's friend just got mad at us! He was,like,"Well, why would you walk away from this? I don't understand how making money is something you don't want to do" Oh.....it made me mad.
I've commented twice on two diffent post. Here at your blog. I just want to know what your doing with the onions? If you still have some I would chop them up and freeze them. Then they don't go to waste. When you need them the work is done just throw them in what ever your cooking.
Post a Comment