Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What is wrong with people?!!

It seems you can never turn on the TV without some kind of terrible news. There's an earthquake in Italy; there's a freak in Pittsburgh killing Police Officers; There's a nut job opening fire on a nursing home; there's a wacko killing people at random in a small New York town. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! I have been following a lot of missing children cases lately and they absolutely disgust me! Parents neglecting their children, abusing them, abandoning them and then strangers getting a hold of them and doing unspeakable acts of atrocities!!!! I just heard in the news about a little girl in California who went missing a week ago and her body was just recovered nearby in a lake and she was in a suitcase!!! HOW DISGUSTING! I guess you would have to have the mind of a PSYCHO to understand why they do these things! There are so many messed up people out there and it drives me insane to hear about it! Why can't anyone be NORMAL?! Even the most normal looking people are not NORMAL. WHY oh WHY can't we understand IMPLIED RESPONSIBILITY! I have had people argue with me about Glenn Beck's the 9.12 Project. They can't fully accept the 9 principles and 12 values because, in their words "this is not an ideal world". Well I hate to say it but it's people like that who excuse those who are not normal. Maybe if we stand up and use our "implied responsibility" when rules or standards or values are stated, then MAYBE just MAYBE we will see people starting to change. We can't go around and say, "well the world does not work like that" YES IT CAN! And it is up to us to make those changes because who else will follow when NO ONE is leading? We are taught to live by example. We all know and have someone we look up to. We want to be like that person or live like them. That is the whole idea of implied responsibility. People are constantly looking for someone to look up and to. We all want someone to help lead and guide us, so that is why we must ALL take a stand and stand up for what we believe in and become the examples that our children need, that our friends need, that our communities need!!

3 comments:

edsajadaha05 said...

One of God's greatest gifts is also the one thing that is responsisble for the horrors in society. Agency. Teaching someone the truth is always the answer.

Christina said...

I like your post. I also believe the scripture, "Be ye therefore perfect." I think people use the excuse that we are human and will make mistakes as an excuse not to do their best. I will have to call you!

Watson momma said...

truth leads to rsponsibility