Sunday, August 30, 2009
Here we go again!
Moving, the worst word in the english dictionary, and maybe other languages as well. I really hate it and yet we get to do it so often! Aren't we lucky? One day I vow to find a place and NEVER leave! haha! This is really tiring and not so exciting. Of course there are benefits and hopefully those will outweigh the drawbacks. We are moving to a much safer neighbourhood and a much better school! The place we are going to live in is completely renovated and very nice for a very good price! We wanted to save on rent and utilities so we decided we need to downsize and we have a 3 year plan to get out of debt. Of course I think I said this last year but we didn't get the tax return we had hoped for SOOOO we are hoping we will get the tax return we deserve so we can get there faster. So I hope I do not have to move for the next 3 years because if I do, I may have to commit myself. I really do not want to focus on the negatives of this move so i will not name them all off, or course I am still happy to go somewhere better. I will miss serving in Primary, I just absolutely love those children and almost completely understand the love you feel when serving in a presidency. I always wondered how they felt the love they had for the people they were serving and now I am starting to understand it all and am soo very thankful for it. Not only have I been able to teach them but they have taught me. I sometimes think children have much more to teach than we do. They are wonderful little spirits that are so innocent and pure. I am going to miss serving within the presidency. Those women are fantastic. They taught me so much in so little of time. I am grateful for what they did for me. I hope to always stay in touch! A few things I will not miss: crazy, loud, drunk, fighting neighbors; homeless people rummaging through my garbage and dogs; shopping carts; Grade 6 gang members; raging utilities; backyard bonfires that start at the crack of dawn and go out sometime around 1 am; non-stop traffic 24/7; non-stop sirens 24/7 (probably arresting drug dealers and hookers down the street); squatters; hoodlum neighbor kids terrorizing our property; this neighborhood; this school......oh wait, did I just name off all the bad things I said I would not? hmmmmm......oh well :) I think you get the drift.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Tonnia, glad to hear you got the place you were looking for!
Wow Glad to know that you all are okay and what better news is that your getting away from it. Thanks for sharing. =)
Forgot in my "haste". Like your background. Fits you! =)
Post a Comment