Thursday, August 13, 2009

Your time is not your own

It seems the more people I know, the more that pass away! Am I curse? I recently heard of a friend's husband passing away suddenly in a motorcycle accident. He was on 29 and had 2 young boys at home. I got to know them and really liked them. They were a very nice family and had a good understanding of the gospel. I feel very sad for their loss. I cannot imagine losing Andrew at this point, I am not done! It seems I hear these stories more and more and it breaks my heart because of the young family left behind. I know Heavenly Father has a different plan for each of us and that in time things will be ok. It's not that I do not understand where they are now, but more of the physical loss at such a young age. I pray that those families suffering will find comfort in the Lord's arms. He really is there and wants to help us. I hope my friend and her boys will be comforted during their time of loss and adjustment. It really makes me see that this time given to us is not our own. We really need to try and learn as much as we can and become better people because of it. Life is not worth living if you are going wallow in your pity and play the victim all the time. Life is much to wonderful to let things pass you by without experiencing it. I am so very thankful for what I have and feel more than blessed to have the husband I do and the awesome children I have been given. I love them all so very much.

1 comment:

Barrett & Angie said...

I have been so scared about the fact that Barrett has to go to Iraq. I don't know if he will come home or not? I hate to think that anything would happen but it's a reality that I may have to deal with. All you can do is put your trust in the Lord, what's meant to be will be. The deployment process is very depressing. We have to make out a will, along with making sure everything is taken care of before he goes so that I can function without him. This has been something Barrett has always wanted to do and all I can do is support him, it's really scary.