Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm tired, so what?

I haven't written in a while but I figured I should write something. Hmmm....I am so tired all the time. I find it hard to write because we are so busy and there is so much going on but nothing that is worth writing. Just busy. Stressful, ugh! I know life was never meant to be a vacation, but sometimes you have got to wonder how much more the Lord can throw at you! He gives you a break and then gives you yet another task, trial, problem...whatever you want to call it! Not saying that he exactly creates it, but allows it I should say. He is going to make sure I don't get off easy. I am going to be ripped to shreds by the time I return to heaven, scars and all. But in process I hope I learn something from it and become stronger because of it. We have to give and take in this life. Sometimes we feel we give more than take....well depending on how you look at it. I guess we give of our time and efforts but also take what is thrown at us, good and bad. Is there ever rest? I was realizing that the minute you bear a child, it's all over....you that is. Nothing is about you anymore. Everything you do is based around your child(ren). life is never the same again and never will be, even when they move out and become adults. They will still need you and you will will still need them. It can feel extremely overwhelming when you try to look that far ahead. There are great moments in their life along the way, but there are undoubtably going to challenges and bad choices. Everyone hopes their child will do the right thing all the time, but the matter of the fact is that they won't. How do you let them make those bad choices? Behind my back? I think I would rather not know, but I want to stay involved. Too much complications. This is the dirty side of parenting, welcome to it.

No comments: