Sunday, July 3, 2011

Animals and Dinosaurs galore!

So this past weekend was July 1st.  It is Canada's Independence Day....although it was given to them.  Yeah, they didn't want to fight, just kind of waited it out!  ;)  Even still, Canada is still not quite "independent" of Britain....buuuuut that's another story!  So we love this holiday and always plan to do something.....this year we wanted to take the kids to the zoo and a dinosaur exhibit.  So we camped out at snazzy little place outside the city, which included a pool and free shower use (+++++).  We spent the whole day at the Calgary Zoo on Friday and it was a load of fun!  I have always been told this zoo is awesome and boy as it ever worth it!  We are even thinking of making it an annual event.  Next year they will be opening a Penguin exhibit!!  So here are the pics from zoo!










Notice that the girls are decked out for Canada Day but the boys aren't?  Yeah, they are too cool. haha!






















Elephants....yeah everyone got an educational display of affection from these giants!  EEK!  Sorry, I didn't take pics of that, too gross!
















So after that LONG day we stayed overnight and then the next morning we got up and went to Drumheller.  Andrew's parents met us there, although there aren't too many pics of us as the dinosaurs were so captivating!  There is a museum there called the Royal Tyrell Museum. It was the coolest thing to see dinosaur fossils and bones!  I was in amazement!  You see this stuff on TV but never in real life!  It is so much cooler in real life!










































So after all the fun, we headed home where we are slowly recovering from the sunburns we acquired!  Ugh.....

1 comment:

Alison said...

Dude I LOVE the Tyrell Museum!!! I have many a fond childhood memories at that place. Dinosaurs are the coolest EVER!