Tuesday, May 15, 2012
What a weekend!
What a busy weekend we had. I am still recovering and I think everyone else is too. I took the kids to them embassy in Calgary on Friday morning to file their consular report of birth abroad (crba). I was so nervous they were going to give me the run around but I was pleasantly surprised. I brought more than enough documentation because you never know what they really want. The website says one thing but you can never be too careful. So it is all done and paid for minus the fact that I need to send in the long form birth certificate for my kids which is a nonissue. Then once we finished there we headed to Lethbridge to see Andrew's uncle whom we haven't seen in a long while! It was good to catch up and hang out. He appears to be doing pretty well. He suffers with MS and since I have been going through possible MS symptoms I was curious about his experience with it. It was nice to be able to talk to someone about it. I am not diagnosed yet but I still suffer from numbness and now pain in my right hand and terrible memory loss. In September I am going in for an MRI of my brain and spine. They are not expecting to find anything so we will see what happens. After our visit we headed off to Cardston for the rest of the weekend. We celebrated Brianne's birthday there and Andrew and I snuck off to Waterton for a little anniversary time. Our 12th anniversary was on Thursday but with all the chaos we didn't get to do anything. When we got to Waterton we were hoping to catch the boat ride but missed it by ten minutes then drove up to Cameron lake only to get there and find out the road was closed! Grrr! So it seemed as if all was doomed and wanted to cry but we got ourselves some ice cream and shopped a little in the townsite. Brianne turned 9 on Saturday! When we got back we had a dinner, cake and gifts. She was really a princess for the day! Haha! Her auntie did her hair up and she wore a tiara and a dress. She is so funny! She loved everything she got. So Sunday we attended sacrament meeting and then left to get home. Not much for mothers day really. Dallas did give me a manicure when I got home so it made me feel special. Brianne drew me a picture and Amber as well. I do have the sweetest children. Poor Andrew was sick so he didn't do anything but that's ok, he does plenty! So every time May rolls around, chaos ensues. If Brianne had only come on her due date and we planned our wedding date better, we probably could have enjoyed each event more fully! Oh well! I guess it just makes it that much more special. I just realized that 12 years ago, Andrew's mom received me as her mothers day gift! Hahahahaha! I hope that was a good thing and not a bad thing! Poor woman!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment