Saturday, December 1, 2012

December already?!

Wow, it's the first day of December!  Where has this year gone?  So much has happened in such a short period of time.  I started a new job a few weeks ago and I really like it.  Much more than the grocery store.  Andrew is still in the bakery for now but hopes something better will come along.  The kids are becoming better adjusted to their new life here and it takes a burden off my shoulders.  That was one hard thing for me to deal with.  I know what it's like to miss friends.  I am making new ones though.  I forgot to mention, or maybe I did, that I was called into primary the very first Sunday we were here.  I teach the 8 year olds so Brianne gets to be in my class.  They are fun bunch.  I have been so busy that I almost forget to prepare my lessons!!  I am sure with time I will get better.  I am living a life that feels somewhat foreign to me, but I do enjoy working.  I have always loved retail, so this job suits me well.  It has been an interesting ride so far; trying to juggle the children's schedule with ours.  It seems to be working very well.  The grandparents love having them around and I know the kids love having them around.  It has been a pleasant go around.  I definitely appreciate their help more than before.  I needed to grow up.  I learned a lot in Edmonton and I am trying to take those lessons along with me.  It is easy to judge this place right off the bat, but maturing can help change your perspective immensely.  I know some people think I may be trying to shelter my children because of the high LDS population, but that is only a small percentage of the whole equation.  First, family is here.  As I grow up (yes I still am) I realize how important my family is.  My children will benefit from having that many more people who love them and care for them.  Secondly, it's a smaller community with MUCH less crime.  Edmonton is, apparently, well known for it's capital of pedophiles.  It is the hub for those sickos and the government thinks dumping them in one place will solve some kind of problem?  I do not miss those monthly perv alerts.  Although the community may "know" each other, maybe a little more than necessary, there is strength, support and safety in having a tight knit community.  Lastly, yes it is LDS dominant, but I love this gospel and I enjoy being right by the temple.  I like having my children groe up with friends who have the same morals and values.  Yes, there are non-LDS here too and they have friends in those circles too, but those children are just as great, if not better, because of the love small communities share.  I do really like it here and I am sure one day I will say I love it here.   

1 comment:

Christy Weenig said...

Moving is tough, I know! Hope things look up real soon! MErry Christmas!